Joe Collins' 2018 Schedule
Click Here to Go to Joe's 2017 Schedule
|Central Florida Dulcimer &
- a great festival where it is usually relatively warm. I've not been to this one in about the last three years, but I understand it has moved to a great, new venue. Ruth Hardin always does a wonderful job of organizing this festival, so come on down and join us! For more information, click HERE.
|Mount Dora, FL|
|February 24||19th Annual Mid-Winter Dulcimer
My home club has been sponsoring this one-day festival for19 years now. I'm a little prejudiced, but it is one of the best one-day festivals for the price you'll be able to find anywhere! For all the details, click HERE.
|April 16||Waterbound Dulcimer Festival
- a great, intimate festival in eastern NC. Come be among friends! More information coming.
|May 24-27||Crooked Road Dulcimer Festival
- Marsha Harris runs this great festival in one of the most beautiful settings you'll ever see. It is held on the campus of Ferrum College and features a host of top-notch players and instructors. For more information, click HERE..
|June 14||Coshocton Library
I'll be doing a couple of performances for kids at the Coshocton Library at 10 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Come join the fun with one of the best types of audiences in the world!
|June 15-17||Coshocton Dulcimer Days
This is the 44th Annual Festival in Coshocton, Ohio, making it one of the oldest continuous festivals in the country. Come for some great concerts and classes. I would also encourage many of you to come compete in the Mid-East Regional Championships. This is the place where I won my first major competition, and my dream of being a headliner at Coshocton is finally coming true. For more information, click HERE.
Hills of Kentucky Workshops & Concert
- A great club near Cincinnatti. These folks have had one of the best organized and active clubs I've ever know. I'm sure they would love to have you visit. For more information about the club and its activities, go to https://www.hokdulcimer.com
|July 19-21||Workshops & Concerts in Mountain
This event is being sponsored by the Dulcimer Shoppe, home of McSpadden dulcimers. I'll be teaching along with Linda Brockington and Duane Porterfield, two great players from Arkansas. I'm excited to go back to the epicenter of dulcimer doins! More information coming.
|Mountain View, AR|
|July 22-27||Dulcimer U Summer Week
A week-long camp for rank beginners all the way through advanced players. There is a place for everyone no matter what one's skill level is. Judy House and I teach in a certificate program designed to take good players and give them the skills to become very good teachers of the dulcimer. Check out the website at http://www.wcu.edu/engage/professional-enrichment/conferences-and-community-classes/dulcimer-u/
|Western Carolina University in Cullowhee, NC|
Winter Creek Reunion Dulcimer & Acoustic Festival
- The the last time I got the opportunity to participate in the Winter Creek Reunion, I had such a blast! It really does feel like a reunion. I really appreciate being asked by the Red River Valley Club to come back for my 2nd time there. Hope many of you will join me. Check the club website for information as it becomes available.
Chatauqua on the Wabash
- I'll be back this year in the quaint little historical town of New Harmony, IN for this wonderful festival. This is a wonderful, peaceful setting on the Wabash River with lots of things to see. For more information go to dulcimerchautauquaonthewabash.com to check for information as it becomes available.
|New Harmony, IN|
|November 15-18||North Georgia Foothills Dulcimer
Association Fall Festival
- one of the premiere dulcimer festivals in the country for mountain dulcimer enthusiasts. I' won't be teaching this year, but I have been asked to lead the Sunday morning gathering again. It's always a joy to be part of this festival. For more information, keep checking at www.ngfda.org
|Unicoi State Park