Joe Collins' 2016 Schedule
Click Here to Go to Joe's 2015 Schedule
Click Here to Go to Joe's 2017 Schedule
- a Dulcimer U event sponsored by Western Carolina University in beautiful Lake Junaluska. A wide variety of classes in an intimate setting. For more information, click HERE.
|Lake Junaluska, NC|
|Southern Strings Dulcimer Festival
- This is a new festival for me, and it sounds like a lot of fun. The Southern Strings is putting together a festival around the theme of "Happy Trails." I'll be down there with my old friend Don Pedi and others. There is also a regional championship held there for both mountain and hammered dulcimers. For more info, click HERE.
Mid-Winter Dulcimer Festival
- This is my club's annual festival. IThis will be our 17th year! This year's artists will include Jeff Hames and plenty of others. More information coming later.
|March 9||Workshops & Concert
- This will be the third time I've been to Guntersville, set on a beautiful lake. This year, we're moving to the Recreation Center because of some great response and the efforts of Jean Ann Moon.
|Lagniappe Dulcimer Fete
- This is the 3rd opportunity I've had to participate in this wonderful festival way down south. It is held at the West Baton Rouge Museum. The folks there do such a good job and making sure folks have fun and learn something in the process. More information coming.
|Port Allen, LA|
|March 19||Sonic Sounds Workshop
- Some workshops sponsored by the Sonic Sounds Dulcimer Club of Centerville, GA.
- I'm so honored that I've been invited to play in this year's Kith and Kin Concert series managed by John Sackenheim. More information to come.
|April 16||Waterbound Dulcimer Festival
- a great, intimate festival in eastern NC. Come be among friends! For more information, go to click HERE.
|April 21-24||Lee County Gathering
- This festival is set in a wonderful living history center. There are artifacts and buildings from days gone by and a lot of great music! Click HERE for more info.
|April 30||Winston-Salem Dulcimer Festival
- a long-standing festival that is undergoing some revisions for this year. Great line up of instructors and classes thanks to Judy House and Carol Crocker, the organizers. See more by clicking HERE.
|May 6-8||Lone Star State Dulcimer Festival
- Although it's a new festival for me, this is one I've heard about for a long time. This will be its 35th year! It's a laid back, easy going festival with lots of opportunities to play and see some great concerts. I really am honored to be a part of it. More information to come.
|Glen Rose, TX|
|May 28||Workshop with the Yonah Pickers
- a day of workshops followed by a concert. For more information, click HERE.
Dulcimer U at Western Carolina University
- One of the premier dulcimer camps in the country, this is a week chocked full of opportunities to learn for rank beginners all the way to advance players. Among other things, Joe will be leading a class on building one's skills as a mountain dulcimer teacher. Hope you'll consider coming. Contact Joe for more information on the teacher certification program through Dulcimer U. More info to come.
|Western Carolina University; Cullowhee, NC|
Workshop & Concert
- had such a great time for the last two years up in Beaver Springs, PA with Claire Ebenshade and the group that we are going to get together again this year at Manbeck Mennonite Church. More information coming.
|Beaver Springs, PA|
- This is my club's 7th Hymnfest. This year we will be focusing on some multi-part arrangements of traditional hymns. There are parts for everyone, from beginner to advanced. For more info, go to www.jcdulcimer.com/PR/HYMNFEST%202016.pdf
Chatauqua on the Wabash
- I'll be back this year in the quaint little historical town of New Harmony, IN for this wonderful festival. This is a wonderful, peaceful setting on the Wabash River with lots of things to see. For more information go to dulcimerchautauquaonthewabash.com.
|New Harmony, IN|
|November 17-19||North Georgia Foothills Dulcimer
Association Fall Festival
- one of the premiere dulcimer festivals in the country for mountain dulcimer enthusiasts. I'll be teaching and vending this year. For more information, keep checking at www.ngfda.org
|Unicoi State Park
- I have the great honor of doing a concert at Calvary Baptist Church. It will be a mixture of some fun, meditative, and gospel tunes. It is free and open to the public. Click HERE for more info.
- I will be doing a concert at Sandy Run Baptist Church in Mooresboro on Sunday evening starting at 6 p.m. Come join us for the music, worship, fun and fellowship at this historic church founded in 1772. I remember reading about this church while I was in seminary as a very historically significant place in Baptist history.