Joe Collins' 2013 Schedule
Click Here to Go to Joe's 2012 Schedule
Click Here to Go to Joe's 2014 Schedule
13th Annual Mid-Winter Dulcimer Festival
- sponsored by Joe's home club, this is a great little one-day festival. Two good concerts, four classes you choose to meet your needs, and a great lunch and time of catching up with old friends and new.
Shamrock Dulcimer Blast
- This is the third year for this festival, but the first time for me. There will be a concert on Friday evening followed by a day of workshops on Saturday. For more information, click HERE.
- One of my favorite small festivals, this one not only features great music and a lot of fun people, but they have great food as well! More information forthcoming.
Lee County Gathering
- a great little festival near Auburn, Alabama. It's held at a historical village with a great atmosphere and lots of friendly folk. Last time I was there, there were lots of good workshops and also a square dance to top off the event. For more information, go to The Lee County Gathering.
- one of the premiere dulcimer events in the country and the site of the Southern Regional Dulcimer Championships. Lots of high quality workshops for both mountain and hammer dulcimer and wonderful concerts during the day and in the evening. For more information, go to http://ozarkfolkcenter.com/events/?isofc=1&id=1638
|Mountain View, AR|
Steve Kaufman's Acoustic Kamp
- a premier music camp for many instruments. I taught there for the past three years, and what a GREAT experience! Wonderful concerts every night. Fun jam sessions - planned and impromptu. A whole week to just soak in music surrounded by the charm of one of the prettiest campuses I know. This is a great opportunity to bring along that spouse that plays something besides dulcimer. Don't miss it! For Camp Website, go to http://www.flatpik.com/Steve-Kaufman-Acoustic-Kamp
|Maryville College; Maryville, TN|
Backyard Bash/VBS Kickoff
-Dry Ponds Baptist Church invites all in their area to come to their backyard bash to enjoy games and eat. I'll be there to entertain. The address of the church is 5235 Union Church RD; Granite Falls, NC 28630. More details on schedule to come.
|Granite Falls, NC|
- Dulcimer U offers a wide variety of workshops as well as a few specialized learning tracks offered no where else in the country. I will be teaching on of those tracks - Teaching the Mountain Dulcimer. It is the key part of a certificate program offered by Western Carolina University in dulcimer instruction. If you are interested in finding out more, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com. Or you can go to the Dulcimer U website at http://www.wcu.edu/5046.asp
|Western Carolina University (Cullowhee, NC)|
Martin Birthday Party
- I'll be playing for a private birthday party in the evening.
|Rutherford County, NC|
Memphis Dulcimer Gathering
- a great festival that I helped with back in 2010. It is a very well run festival that you don't want to miss! For more information, go to http://www.leecagledulcimers.com/id98.html
5th Annual HymnFest
- This is a FREE festival co-sponsored by my club, the Foothills Dulcimer Club of Shelby, NC and Elizabeth Baptist Church of Shelby, NC. This year we'll be focusing on hymns about heaven. The festival will last from about 1 p.m. until 6. The Hymn Jam will begin about 4 p.m., and instrumentalists of all kinds, singers, and listeners are all invited to come! See the flyer by clicking HERE.
Winter Creek Reunion
- sponsored by the Red River Valley Dulcimer Club and associated with the famous Lindsey family whom I've met on several occasions around the country. If their festival is as highly energetic as their performances, I might have to strap myself in. Really looking forward to this one. For more information, go to http://www.rrvdc.com/page2.html
NGFDA Fall Festival
- one of the best all-around festivals in the country in the beautiful mountains of North Georgia. Workshops taught at all levels by an all-star faculty. For more information, go to http://www.ngfda.org/
|Unicoi State Park in Helen, GA|
Thanksgiving Dinner Program
- hosted by Boiling Springs Baptist Church, this is an annual dinner to which Gardner-Webb Students and Faculty are invited. This year I have the opportunity to provide a musical program.
|Boiling Springs Baptist Church, NC|
Uptown Shelby Christmas Tree Lighting
- Every Christmas, Uptown Shelby lights up the town square, provides carriage rides, builds a little house for Santa to visit with children. It's a fun time. This year, I and some friends (I hope) will be providing some music from about 6:45-7:15 p.m.
Annual Christmas Dinner @ Pharr Yarns
- This is a party I got to do a couple of years ago for the wonderful employees of Pharr Yarns right in the middle of the Christmas lights capital of the world! So excited to be invited back.
|December 9||American Legion Post 82 Christmas Party||Shelby, NC|