Click Here to Go to Joe's 2011 Schedule
Joe Collins' 2012 Schedule
Click Hear to Go to Joe's 2013 Schedule
|January 6-8||Winter Weekend- a wonderful weekend workshop in beautiful Lake Junaluska, NC. There will be workshops for several different levels of mountain dulcimer player, of which I will be teaching one, classes for hammer dulcimer, and a lot of other fun stuff.||Lake Junaluska, NC|
|Winter Dulcimer Festival - Sponsored by the Pocono Dulcimer Club, this one will be a first for me in Pennsylvania. I will be teaching a Masters class for this 10th annual event. For more information, go to http://pdc-wdf.tripod.com/winter_dulcimer_fest.html||Stroudsburg, PA|
13th Annual Mid-Winter Dulcimer Festival
- sponsored by Joe's home club, this is a great little one-day festival. Two good concerts, four classes you choose to meet your needs, and a great lunch and time of catching up with old friends and new. For more information, go to http://jcdulcimer.com/club/2012Workshop/2012workshop.htm
Waterbound Dulcimer Festival
- one of my favorite little festivals. Nice cozy atmosphere and a wonderful time of learning and sharing music. You'll also get a chance to hear Flat Mountain Dulcimers, a wonderful little trio in the area! More information coming.
Dulcimer Troupers Workshops
- I'm looking forward to spending a day with the Dulcimer Troupers (of Troup County, GA) for a day of workshops. More information coming.
|April 21||Foothills Spotlight 5th Anniversary Celebration||Don Gibson Theater; Shelby, NC|
|May 6||Jill Moreau Wedding||Shelby, NC|
Pickin' Porch at Wood-n-Strings
A wonderful outdoor venue where current National Champion Bradley Ellis and I will join forces to entertain with a concert. If you've never been to the Pickin' Porch, there's no time like this summer to get started!
Steve Kaufman's Acoustic Kamp
- a premier music camp for many instruments. I taught there for the past two years, and what a GREAT experience! Wonderful concerts every night. Fun jam sessions - planned and impromptu. This is a great opportunity to bring along that spouse that plays something besides dulcimer. Don't miss it! For Camp Website, go to http://www.acoustic-kamp.com/
|Maryville College; Maryville, TN|
Scenic Roots Concert
- Bradley Ellis and I will be joining the Rogers sisters Erin and Amber in a unique concert. Erin and Amber compose the group Scenic Roots, and they play a lot of great stuff. Amber is an excellent fiddle player and has a great bluegrass voice. Erin is the 2004 National Mountain Dulcimer Champion and until Bradley was the youngest person to ever win that title. So, this concert will feature three National Mountain Dulcimer champs! There is no charge for the event, but a love offering will be taken. For more info, click HERE.
|Hoyle Memorial United Methodist Church; Shelby, NC|
Dulcimer U at WCU!
- one of the premier mountain dulcimer weeks in the country. This year I'll be leading a weeklong class in how to teach mountain dulcimer. I will also teach advanced electives for mountain dulcimer teachers as part of a certification program sponsored by Western Carolina University. So if you teach or think you might want to, be sure to sign up for this one! For more information, go to http://www.wcu.edu/5046.asp.
|Western Carolina University; Cullowhee, NC|
|September 1||Paige Lowrance Wedding||Shelby, NC|
4th Annual HymnFest
- This is a free event sponsored by the Foothills Dulcimer Club of Shelby, NC. Workshops this year will focus on the hymns of Charles Wesley. Anne Lough and Joe Collins will be leading dulcimer workshops, and we have plans for a choral workshop. At the end of the day (4:30 - 6 p.m.) we'll all come together to play, sing, share in a jamboree of Wesley hymns. Click here for the Hymnfest flyer.
|Hoyle Memorial United Methodist Church; Shelby, NC|
Heartland Dulcimer Festival
- a day-long festival in Elizabethtown, KY sponsored by the very active Heartland Dulcimer Club. More information to come.
Smokey Mountain Dulcimer Retreat
- This is a great little retreat sponsored by the Knoxville Area Dulcimer Club. Located in beautiful Townsend, TN, this retreat offers not only a great opportunity to learn and play, it also gives you a great place to really retreat from the busy world of everyday life. This year, I'll be teaching the Novice class, so if you know the very basics already and want to go a little farther, come join me. There will be some great classes for other levels as well. Click HERE for more information.
North Georgia Foothills Dulcimer Association Fall Festival
- One of the premier weekend events in the dulcimer world. I'll be going this year as a vendor and a jammer. Hope to see a bunch of you! For more information, go to http://ngfda.org/Fallfestival2012infoforweb.pdf
Unicoi State Park
Central United Methodist Church
- I have the privilege to help lead in worship at both the 8:45 and 11:00 a.m. worship services. If you are in the area, come worship with us. the church's homepage is at http://www.concordcentral.org/home.
Grandparents Raising Children
- Mike McGee and I will provide music for a Christmas gathering of Grandparent Raising Children, a support group for some very special people in Cleveland County.
|DSS Auditorium; Shelby, NC|